We are cooperating with JetBrains, an international software vendor specializing in creating intelligent development tools (Kotlin, TeamCity, IntelliJ IDEA, etc.). They engaged us to find a skilled C++ Developer for RustRover – a dedicated IntelliJ-based Rust IDEs.
One of the key features of our IDE is its debugger. Rust debugging is tricky, and despite the high quality of the current RustRover debugger, it still has a lot of room for improvement both in terms of new features and bug fixes for various existing configurations.
The functionality of the RustRover debugger is distributed across two separate processes that are in communication with one another:
- The OS-specific debugger (LLDB or GDB): code in C++.
- The IntelliJ-based debugging client in RustRover: code in Java/Kotlin.
Our job involves working on both of these parts extensively. The scope of the technical challenges we face is very broad, but here are some examples for the purposes of illustration:
- The IntelliJ-specific integration of debug information to the in-editor code insight.
- Handling and parsing specific Rust language constructs.
- Fixing OS-specific SIGSEGV errors in C++ code from LLDB.
This role is perfect for you if you are ready for new challenges, such as:
- Want to make developing and debugging applications in Rust more convenient.
- Have extensive experience in software development
- Have at least 3 years of experience in C++ and basic knowledge of Java/Kotlin or are ready to quickly learn it.
- Familiar with concepts from system programming and multi-processes communication
- Able to work independently, proactively initiating communications when necessary
- Good English for communication
- As a + familiar with compiler development, experience with LLVM/LLDB development
- Fascinating work in a friendly team.
- A flexible working schedule.
- 30 days of paid vacation (local regulations apply).
- An office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- A comfortable working environment, ergonomic workstations, a gym and leisure facilities, and a range of commuter benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development, including travel to professional conferences worldwide, access to the LinkedIn Learning platform, and more.
- Additional benefits include: lunch, free refreshments, and snacks provided in the office, and much more.